MT403G 406 MHz EPIRB with GPS Water & Manual Active
GME MT403 series EPIRBs are a culmination of three years of extensive R & D by GME engineers. The end result is a radical new design concept that is not only a significant improvement on existing beacon performance, but dramatically slashes the cost of 406 MHz EPIRB ownership.
The GME MT403G 406 MHz digital EPIRB is the latest exciting extension of GME's growing family of innovative safety products.
A key feature of the MT403 series is the use of non-hazardous battery packs that are IATA compliant and allow for restriction free transportation.
The MT403G also includes a water activation feature. Once it has been removed from its mounting bracket, the MT403G will activate automatically on immersion in water. Of course you can also activate it manually if required.
The MT403G has an additional 16 Channel parallel GPS receiver with top mounted Quad helix antenna to improve location accuracy to better than 100 metres typically.
Advantages of a 406 MHZ EPIRB over the older analogue EPIRBs include world wide coverage, position location accuracy to within 5 kms (100 m for the MT403G GPS model) and a more stable transmitted signal resulting in faster response time. Most importantly, the addition of a unique digitally coded message provides Search and Rescue authorities with vital information including the country of beacon registration and identification of the vessel in distress thus greatly reducing the incidence of false alerts and unneccesary deployment of valuable rescue resources. An auxiliary homing transmitter is included in the MT403G to enable suitably equipped Search and Rescue forces to home on the distress beacon.
* Unrivaled in Technology, Performance and Price
* Easy, in-built self-test facility with audible alert confirms correct operation
* Ground breaking Patent Pending microprocessor based design delivers unparalleled performance and value
* COSPAS-SARSAT, C/S T.001 and AS/NZS 4280 approved
* Zero warm-up Digital Technology, many other beacons can take up to 15 minutes to reach optimum operating temperature
* Antenna deploys automatically when the unit is removed from the quick-release mounting bracket
* High reliability solid state strobe replacing old fashioned xenon tubes
* Automatically activates on immersion in water (when removed from the bracket) or can be activated manually if desired
* Non-hazardous batteries for restriction free transportation
* Industry first 6 Year Warranty
* Rugged lightweight easy-to-mount compact design
* 6 Year battery replacement period.
* 16 Channel parallel GPS receiver with top mounted Quad helix antenna for better than 100 meter accuracy
This product was added to our catalog on Friday 11 July, 2008.